The Uncle Bob’s/Life Storage property in Brentwood FLOODS. It’s smack dab in Deer Creek’s flood plain.

Silly me, I had thought when I stashed my family photos and other irreplaceable items there that no one would build a storage facility in a known flood area. What makes things far worse is that the customer service from the company higher-ups is horrible. In August 2015, I found out the facility had flooded when I received an email from the company TWO DAYS AFTER the flood saying the property was closed, electrical power was out, and people were not permitted access to their units. Heartsick, I phoned the facility.

The manager, Mike, told me the TRUTH. There WAS electricity and the facility was 100% accessible! I spent literally all night in my unit salvaging what I could. If I had believed the company's email, I would have lost even more, as water continued to seep through my boxes and mold set in.

Then, I never did receive any notification saying the facility was open. No, I didn’t hear from the company again until they sent a letter 11 days after the flood, saying my unit had to be inspected by a company rep by September 7 or the company would break the lock to get in and inspect it. Of course the insurance they make you buy does not cover floods. With all the storage unit facilities in St.

Louis, there is no reason whatsoever to use this place. I’m sorry for the current manager, Michelle. Like Mike, she really cares about her customers and is tremendously sweet and helpful.

She deserves to work for a GOOD company. http://www.ksdk.com/weather/flooding/uncle-bobs-storage-customers-find-flooded-belongings/299914294

Product or Service Mentioned: Uncle Bobs Self-storage Storage Unit.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments